- The CanPain SCI Clinical Practice Guidelines for Rehabilitation Management of Neuropathic Pain after Spinal Cord:
- The International SCI Pain Basic Data Set version 2.0 has Training Cases to help you understand the types of pain patients express and how to chart it (first link at top of page, p. 18-30)
- The National Pain Centre produces the Canadian Guideline for Safe and Effective Use of Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario has the Best Practice Guideline on the Assessment and Management of Pain
- The SCIRE project has evidence based guidelines for the assessment and management of pain in spinal cord injury
- The Pain Management Network of Australia has a great resource for understanding chronic SCI pain.
- Pain BC has many resources for clinicians and their patients.
- The pain resource centre, developed by the Canadian Pain Coalition is available here.
- Looking for some articles to better understand assessment of pain? Take a look here for articles the experts who put together the toolkit used.
Assessment Forms and Chart Inserts - here you'll find examples of pre-printed orders, policies and guidelines as well as assessment and charting sheets relating to pain assessment and treatment.